Estate Planning.

Types of Estate Planning matters our attorneys handle include:

Powers of Attorney
Living Wills
Estate Planning Q&A.
Answers to frequently asked questions..

What happens if I die without a Will?
If you die without a Will and have property in Illinois, state law determines how your
property will be distributed.  A Will allows you to avoid these "default rules" for
distribution.  In your Will you can specify your own directions for distribution of your
property.  Parents of minor children can also use their Will to name a guardian of their
children in the event of the parents' death.

Can I make my own Will or change a Will that I have already made?
In Illinois, there are certain formalities that are required for a Will and for a revised Will to
be effective under the law.  We strongly suggest consulting with a lawyer to ensure that
your Will is valid.  

Is my Illinois Will valid if I move to another state?
If you have a valid Will under Illinois law, the best way to ensure that your Will is effective
in another state is to consult with an Estate Planning lawyer licensed in that state.

I have a Will - do I need a Trust?
The decision to create a Trust (or a "Living Trust") is a decision that should only be
made after careful consideration of your financial situation.  We recommend consulting
with a lawyer to determine whether a Trust would be appropriate for your estate plan.

What is a Living Will?  
A Living Will is a type of health-care planning tool.  (Wills and Living Trusts have similar
names but they are tools for property distribution).  A Living Will only applies to medical
decisions.  Specifically, a Living Will is a person's declaration and instruction that the
person does not want death-delaying procedures in certain very limited medical

What is a Power of Attorney?
A Power of Attorney is a document that allows a person to appoint someone (an "agent")
to make decisions for that person.  Illinois law recognizes a Power of Attorney for
Property and a Power of Attorney for Health Care.
We are a debt relief agency based in Round Lake, Illinois.  We help people and businesses obtain
bankruptcy relief under the federal Bankruptcy law, serving the communities of Antioch, Gages Lake,
Grayslake, Gurnee, Hainesville, Ingleside, Lake Bluff, Lake Villa, Libertyville, Lindenhurst, Mundelein,
North Chicago,  Round Lake, Round Lake Beach, Round Lake Park, Waukegan, Wildwood and Zion.
The information provided by this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice.
Other Practice Areas.

Real Estate
Round Lake Illinois, 60073
One N. County Street
Waukegan, Illinois 60085
by appointment only
Phone (847) 546-0055         Fax (847) 546-8390  
Call our office for a
Our attorneys care
and can help.

Call and discuss

There are no taped
lectures - only real
information that
applies to you.

Over 50% of our
new clients are
referrals by prior
clients and other
Round Lake Law Office
444 N. Cedar Lake Rd.
Round Lake, IL 60073

Waukegan Law Office
by appointment only
One N. County St.
Waukegan, IL 60085

Phone:  (847) 546-0055
 Fax: (847) 546-8390